Module 6: Measuring Program Impact
Most community health worker (CHW) programs are collecting some qualitative and/or quantitative data that can be used for evaluation purposes.
Even with limited data, it may be possible to evaluate the following:
- Opportunities for quality improvement
- Effectiveness of processes and activities
- Achievement of program objectives
- Potential for program sustainability
- Effects of the CHW program on outcomes such as healthcare access and quality
For a detailed overview of program evaluation, see Evaluating Rural Programs in the Rural Community Health Toolkit.