Am I Rural?
Create a Custom Report for Your Location:Am I Rural?
If your report doesn’t run, possible causes could include:
- Browser compatibility – Am I Rural? is optimized for newer browsers. It may not work with older browsers, such as Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or 9. Potential solution: Update your browser to IE 10 or higher or use another browser.
- Firewall restrictions - You may need to check with your IT department to see if your organization’s firewall is blocking the tool. Potential solution: Add both https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org and http://missouri.edu to your firewall whitelist.
If you are unable to implement suggested solutions or are still experiencing difficulties, please contact the Rural Health Information Hub at 800-270-1898 for assistance.
Definitions Included in Am I Rural?
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Rural Health Clinics status
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy Grant Programs:
To determine your eligibility for CMS Medicare Telemedicine Reimbursement, please see the
Medicare Telehealth Payment Eligibility Analyzer.
Common Rural Definitions
- Urban Areas/Urban Clusters
- Rural Urban Commuting Areas (RUCAs), by ZIP code and Census tract
- Core Based Statistical Areas
- Rural Urban Continuum Codes (RUCC)
- Census 2010 - Census Tract Percent Rural
- Urban Influence Codes (UICs)
- FORHP Defined Metro County Rural Area
For more information about rural definitions, please see the What is Rural? Topic Guide.