Ben Archer Health Center
- Project Title: Health Without Borders
- Grant period: 5/1/09 – 4/20/12
- Contact name: Mary Alice Garay, Executive Director
- Location: Hatch, New Mexico
- Program Overview: The Ben Archer Health Center implemented this program with the goal of reducing health disparities related to chronic diseases through health education for management and prevention, improved access to care, and better integration of community health workers (CHWs) into the healthcare system. CHWs provided outreach, health awareness, and education among border residents, and migrant and immigrant sub-population groups in the targeted service area.
Read more about the Health Without Borders program in RHIhub's Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models Represented by this Program: