Routinely sharing program information with the public helps keep stakeholders and community members informed on how the program is helping address healthy food access in rural areas. Dissemination of best practices, challenges, strategies, and successes can help promote the program locally and help other communities start their own programs to address healthy food accessibility.
For a list of key audiences for dissemination, see Methods of Dissemination in the Rural Community Health Toolkit.
Other key audiences for disseminating information on rural healthy food access programs include:
- Policymakers at the local, state, or federal level
- Food access advocacy groups
- State or federal agriculture and education agencies
- Local business and community leaders
- School boards
- Community development corporations
- Food banks
- Food system associations or coalitions