- Project Title: Wabanaki Pathway to Hope and Healing
- Grant Period: 09/01/2015 – 08/31/2016
- Contact Name: Clare Desrosiers, Executive Director
- Location: Aroostook County, Maine
- Program Overview: Diversion Alert is a statewide resource in Maine that provides drug arrest data to healthcare professionals so that they can identify patients in need of treatment or at risk for opioid overdose. Diversion Alert partnered with five tribal communities in rural Maine to form a consortium with the purpose of reducing prescription opioid and heroin use in their communities. The consortium has adapted Project Lazarus to meet the unique needs of the tribal communities. Using grant funds from the HRSA Federal Office of Rural Health Policy's Rural Opioid Overdose Reversal Program, the project has purchased emergency opioid reversal devices and provided opioid overdose training to law enforcement and healthcare professionals, created a Native American Overdose Response educational video, implemented a social marketing Facebook campaign to reduce stigma, and trained community members about how to respond to an overdose.
Models represented by this program: