Granville-Vance District Health Department
- Project Title: VIBRANT Coalition
- Grant Period: 09/01/2015 – 08/31/2016
- Program Representative Interviewed: Lisa Harrison, Health Director
- Location: Vance County, North Carolina
- Program Overview: Using grant funds from the Health Resource and Services Administration Federal Office of Rural Health Policy's Rural Opioid Overdose Reversal Program, VIBRANT Coalition has purchased emergency opioid reversal devices and provided training to healthcare providers, law enforcement, and other community members on how to recognize and respond to opioid overdose. The project uses a community outreach worker to identify and train individuals at risk of overdose on the use of naloxone, delivering door-to-door services free of charge.
Models represented by this program: