Tribal Victim Services Set-Aside Formula Program
The Tribal Victim Services Set-Aside Program provides formula grants for tribal communities to improve services for victims of crime.
Funding may be used for:
- Community needs assessment
- Strategic planning
- Victim service program development and implementation
- Victim service program expansion
- Community outreach and education
- Purchasing or procuring tangible items related to victim services
- Other activities needed to address the needs of a wide variety of crime victims in tribal communities
Examples of victim services include, but are not limited to:
- Shelter/transitional housing
- Crisis intervention
- Civil legal assistance
- Forensic medical services
- Healing/cultural practices
- Medical and dental care directly related to the victimization
- Mental health services
- Substance abuse treatment
- Forensic interviewing of children
- Transportation services
- Education and employment readiness assistance
Eligible applicants include:
- Federally recognized tribal governments
- Alaska Native villages
- Tribal designees
- Tribal consortia consisting of two or more federally recognized tribes
Estimated award: Determined by an
administrative formula based on population certification
Project period: 1-5 years, as determined by the applicant
Estimated total program funding: $91,000,000
Applicants should submit an SF-424 and an SF-LLL in grants.gov by May 12, 2021.
Submit the full application, including attachments, in the JustGrants grants management system by June 14, 2021.
The program description may be submitted as a traditional project narrative, as a checklist, or it may be created through an interview with staff who will document the information. Applicants that wish to complete the program description by interview should email the request to OVCTribalSetAside@ojp.usdoj.gov by April 29, 2021.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.