Other Project Examples
Updated/reviewed July 2023
- Need: To bring needed child care to rural Mercer County, North Dakota.
- Intervention: A nonprofit cooperative provides part-time and full-time child care.
- Results: ECCCC currently has about 60 children enrolled, but it had 86 children at the height of its enrollment history.
Updated/reviewed October 2022
- Need: Throughout the state of Wisconsin, childcare services are closing rapidly, with staffing and finance issues as the main causes.
- Intervention: In Wisconsin's Monroe and Vernon Counties, a collaborative that focuses on addressing key childcare access issues has come up with a creative solution. The Wisconsin Early Education Shared Services Network allows childcare providers to pool staff, resources, and services while receiving support for business and educational operations.
- Results: As of September 2022, 25 child care programs in Monroe and Vernon Counties have joined WEESSN and more are considering. Joining has allowed child care providers to focus their time, finances, and energy on the children they serve.