California Advancing Wellness Grant Program
The California Wellness Foundation supports nonprofit organizations in California working to prevent health problems that result from inequities related to the social determinants of health.
Priority funding areas include:
Bridging the Gaps in Access and Quality
- Advancing healthcare reform and the Affordable Care Act through outreach, enrollment, and public policy strategies
- Strengthening community clinics and safety-net partners through outreach to communities about preventive services and workforce development
- Improving oral healthcare for low-income adults and seniors
- Increasing diversity in the health professions
Expanding Education and Employment
- Increasing educational opportunities for resilient youth
- Promoting employment and asset-building opportunities
Promoting Healthy and Safe
- Fostering healthy environments
- Promoting violence prevention
Increasing Nonprofit Opportunity:
- Advancing public policy
- Strengthening the nonprofit and philanthropic sector
Applicant organizations must generally have a valid tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be classified as a public charity, not as a “private foundation” under section 509(a). In addition, the Foundation does not fund Section 509(a)(3) Type III non-functionally integrated supporting organizations.
The average grant amount is between $120,000-$200,000 over 3 years.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.