Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Grant Program
The Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Program supports planning and implementation of quality improvement activities for rural primary care providers or providers of healthcare services. Program objectives include increased care coordination, enhanced chronic disease management, and improved health outcomes for patients.
Applicants are required to use an evidence-based model or promising practice to demonstrate the following impact areas:
- Improved health outcomes
- Expanded capacity for essential healthcare services
- Increased financial sustainability
Applicants are encouraged to address the underlying factors that are driving growing rural health disparities related to the five leading causes of avoidable death, which are heart disease, cancer, unintentional injury/substance use, chronic lower respiratory disease, and stroke.
Although it is not a requirement, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) is strongly encouraging applicants to form a consortium or network for this program. Applicants are also strongly encouraged to incorporate quality improvement initiatives that align with Patient Centered Medical Home and Value Based Care Delivery approaches to care.
Eligible applicants must be rural public or rural nonprofit private healthcare providers or providers of healthcare services. Examples of eligible organizations include Rural Health Clinics (RHC), Critical Access Hospitals (CAH), Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), and networks of small rural providers.
Applicants must not previously have received a grant under subsection for the same or similar project.
Award ceiling: $200,000 per year
Project period: 4 years
Estimated number of awards: 40
Estimated total program funding: $8,000,000
Upcoming Events (1)
- Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Grant Program Webinar, Jan 26, 2022, view details
- Grantee Directory: Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Grant Program, 2013-2016, 12/2014, view details
- Small Healthcare Provider Quality Improvement: Sourcebook, 2016-2019, 02/2020, view details
- Grantee Directory: Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Grant Program, 2019-2022, 03/2020, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.