Virginia Health Safety Net Grants
Application: Sep 5, 2018
The Virginia Health Care Foundation (VHCF) encourages the development and submission of proposals that will grow and/or strengthen Virginia’s healthcare safety net in the following priority areas:
- Developing or expanding patient capacity, including
initiatives that will:
- Add a new primary care provider (medical, dental, mental health, pharmacist)
- Expand physical infrastructure
- Use technology to expand access
- Implement an innovative model of service delivery
- Establishing a broader scope of services by adding new primary care services to currently offered services, or using telemedicine to expand access to an underserved area
- Creating local, coordinated systems of care
- Strengthening infrastructure of the health safety net
including the following types of projects:
- Technology planning and implementation
- Electronic medical records
- Organizational assessment
To be eligible for consideration for a VHCF grant, the applicant must be:
- A public agency or private 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- An organization with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt fiscal sponsor
- An applicant for federal tax-exemption under 501(c)(3)
Free clinics or Community Health Centers applying for grants must be members in good standing with either the Virginia Association of Free Clinics or the Virginia Community Healthcare Association.
Amounts are not specified. A cash or in-kind match of 25% is required.
Applicants must first submit a concept paper by July 13, 2018. The concept paper should be mailed to:
Deborah Oswalt, Executive Director
Virginia Health Care Foundation
707 E. Main Street, Ste 1350
Richmond, VA 23219
Selected applicants will be invited to submit a formal proposal, with a deadline of September 5, 2018.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.