Virginia Health Access Grants
Application: Sep 5, 2023
The Virginia Health Care Foundation (VHCF) encourages the development and submission of proposals that will increase access to healthcare for uninsured Virginians and those who live in areas with limited access to care in the following priority areas:
- Addressing the mental health needs of populations and individuals most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Developing and expanding capacity to serve uninsured and/or medically underserved Virginians
- Establishing a broader scope of services by adding new primary care services to currently offered services, or using telemedicine to expand access to an underserved area
- Accelerating licensure of behavioral health professionals, especially in mental health professional shortage areas
- Creating local, coordinated systems of care
To be eligible for consideration for a VHCF grant, the applicant must be:
- A public agency or private 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- An organization with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt fiscal sponsor
- An applicant for federal tax-exemption under 501(c)(3)
Amounts are not specified. A cash or in-kind community match of 25% is required.
Links to grant guidelines and eligibility requirements are available on the program website.
According to the how to apply page, applicants should email a concept paper to Kari Parkhurst by July 14, 2023. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a formal proposal, with a deadline of September 5, 2023.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.