Iowa Agricultural Injury Prevention Youth Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Iowa Agricultural Injury Prevention Youth Grants award funding for youth to conduct a farm safety and/or health educational program, campaign, or social media event. The projects should be conducted by youth, with adults serving as mentors and advisors.
Project examples include, but are not limited to:
- Distributing ear plugs, sun screen, and healthy snacks to farmers at harvest time
- Distribute slow moving vehicle (SMV) signs at the local implement dealership, using the opportunity to talk with farmers about roadway safety
- Make a poster about hearing protection for the county fair and hand out ear plugs and brochures
- Speak with farmers while they wait in line to drop off grain at the local co-op. Pass out a fact sheet about respiratory health and distribute N95 respirators.
- Produce a YouTube video about safely sorting cattle, using the funds to purchase props for demonstrations, special makeup, or editing software
- Hold a local essay or poster contest about ATV safety and give away ATV helmets to the winners
- Develop livestock safety manuals and signs for county fair participants
Iowa youth groups and organizations are eligible to apply.
A link to the application is available on the program website.
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Iowa's Center for Agricultural Safety and Health, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.