Rural Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Assistance Program
Application: Jan 31, 2018
This program supports collaborative projects designed to address and prevent sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking in rural communities.
Funds may be used to:
- Identify, assess, and appropriately respond to child, youth, and adult victims and work with a network of partners within a rural community to provide legal services, health services, and basic provisions to victims
- Establish and expand nonprofit, nongovernmental, State, Tribal, Territorial, and local government victim services in rural areas or rural communities to child, youth, and adult victims
- Increase the safety and well-being of rural women and children by dealing directly and immediately with issues of violence
- Raising awareness of and preventing sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking in rural communities
Applications that focus primarily on programs addressing sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking in African American, elderly, or immigrant communities in rural areas will be given special consideration.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Indian Tribes
- Local governments
- Nonprofit (public or private) entities, including tribal nonprofit organizations.
Applicants must demonstrate that the targeted area to be served is a rural area or community, as defined by Statute. Applicants can use HRSA's rural eligibility tool to check eligibility.
Eligible applications must include a sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking victim service provider as the lead applicant and/or a formal project partner.
Award ceiling: $750,000
Award floor: $350,000
Project period: 36 months
Total Funding Available: $35,000,000
Number of Awards: 50
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.