Rural Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Assistance Program
Application: Jan 27, 2020
This program supports collaborative projects designed to address and prevent sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking in rural communities.
Funds may be used to:
- Identify, assess, and appropriately respond to child, youth, and adult victims and work with a network of partners within a rural community to provide legal services, health services, and basic provisions to victims
- Establish and expand nonprofit, nongovernmental, State, Tribal, Territorial, and local government victim services in rural areas or rural communities to child, youth, and adult victims
- Increase the safety and well-being of rural women and children by dealing directly and immediately with issues of violence
Special consideration will be given to projects that:
- Reduce violent crime against women and promote victim safety through investing in law enforcement, increasing prosecution, and promoting effective prevention
- Empower victims to become survivors by growing them past their vulnerabilities to a place of self-sufficiency
- Increase efforts to combat stalking
A complete list of program scope, allowable and unallowable activities, and priority areas determined by the Office on Violence Against Women is available in the application instructions.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Local governments
- Nonprofit (public or private) entities, including tribal nonprofit organizations.
Applicants must demonstrate that the targeted area to be served is a rural area or community, as defined by Statute. Applicants should consult the rural eligibility documentation process.
Eligible applications must include a sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking victim service provider as the lead applicant and/or a formal project partner.
Typical award range: $350,000 -
Project period: 36 months
Total Funding Available: $35,000,000
Number of Awards: 50
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.