Rural Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Assistance Program
Application: Feb 14, 2019
This program supports collaborative projects designed to address and prevent sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking in rural communities.
Funds may be used to:
- Identify, assess, and appropriately respond to child, youth, and adult victims and work with a network of partners within a rural community to provide legal services, health services, and basic provisions to victims
- Establish and expand nonprofit, nongovernmental, State, Tribal, Territorial, and local government victim services in rural areas or rural communities to child, youth, and adult victims
- Increase the safety and well-being of rural women and children by dealing directly and immediately with issues of violence
- Raising awareness of and preventing sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking in rural communities
Special consideration will be given to projects that:
- Reduce violent crime against women and promote victim safety
- Include substance abuse professionals in a coordinated community response to crimes and increase victim access to substance abuse services
- Increase the response to victims of human trafficking
- Increase efforts to combat stalking
A complete list of program scope, allowable and unallowable activities, and priority areas determined by the Office on Violence Against Women is available in the application instructions.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Local governments
- Nonprofit (public or private) entities, including tribal nonprofit organizations.
Applicants must demonstrate that the targeted area to be served is a rural area or community, as defined by Statute. Applicants can use HRSA's rural eligibility tool to check eligibility.
Eligible applications must include a sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking victim service provider as the lead applicant and/or a formal project partner.
Award ceiling: $750,000 for continuation
applications and $500,000 for new applications
Project period: 36 months
Total Funding Available: $35,000,000
Number of Awards: 50
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.