Health Center Program New Access Point Grants
New Access Points Grants will be awarded to organizations that can provide primary healthcare services to underserved and vulnerable populations under the Health Center Program.
Applicants must demonstrate that the new access point(s) will:
- Increase access to comprehensive, quality primary healthcare services
- Improve the health status of underserved and vulnerable populations in the service area
In addition, applicants must document:
- A high level of unmet need within their service area and target population
- A sound plan to meet this need
- A readiness to implement the proposed plan
Further, applicants must demonstrate that the plan maximizes collaborative and coordinated delivery systems for the provision of healthcare to the underserved.
Public or nonprofit private entities, including tribal, faith-based and community-based organizations, are eligible to apply.
Award ceiling: $650,000 per year
Number of awards: 75
Project period: 2 years
Total funding available: $50,000,000
Applications must be completed in two phases.
- Phase 1: Applicants must apply online at grants.gov by March 12, 2019.
- Phase 2: Applicants must submit supplemental information through HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs) by April 11, 2019. Applicants can only begin Phase 2 in HRSA EHBs after Phase 1 in grants.gov has been completed by the deadline and HRSA has assigned the application a tracking number.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.