National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative - Category III Community Treatment and Services Centers (CTS)
The purpose of this program is to provide trauma treatment and services in communities for children, adolescents and their families who experience or witness traumatic events; and to increase access to effective trauma-focused treatment and services for children and adolescents throughout the nation.
Required activities include:
- Provide outreach and other engagement strategies to increase participation in, and access to, trauma treatment and services; and prevention services for children and adolescents, and their families who have experienced traumatic events, including natural and man-made disasters
- Provide direct evidence-based mental disorder treatment and services
- Provide services to populations of child-serving service systems
- Collaborate with NCTSI - Category II Treatment and Service Adaptation (TSA) centers to develop, advance, or adapt interventions to improve engagement and outcomes for traumatized youth
- Implement a project evaluation including process and outcomes evaluation to be submitted to SAMHSA by the end of the project period
SAMHSA intends to make an equitable distribution of awards in terms of geography including urban, rural, and remote settings and balance among populations of focus and program size.
Eligible applicants are domestic public and private
nonprofit entities. For example:
- State and local governments
- Federally recognized American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) Tribes and
- Urban Indian organizations
- Public or private universities and colleges
- Community- and faith-based organizations
Anticipated award amount: Up to $400,000
Anticipated number of awards: 70
Project period: 5 years
Anticipated total available funding: $30,000,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.