Health Expansion Loan Program II (HELP II)
Ronald L. Washington
The HELP II Financing Program provides low, fixed interest loans for the capital needs of California's nonprofit small and rural health facilities.
HELP II loans may be used to:
- Purchase, construct, or renovate real property
- Perform feasibility studies, site tests, and surveys associated with real property
- Pay permit fees, architectural fees, and other pre-construction costs
- Purchase equipment and furnishings
- Refinance existing debt, but only when a single obligation is paid in full
Loan terms and standard covenants may be found in the program overview.
Applicants must qualify as a health facility under the Authority's enabling legislation and be one of the following:
- A corporation with no more than $30,000,000 in annual gross revenues, as shown on most recent audited financials (District Hospitals are exempt from this requirement.)
- Located in a rural Medical Service Study Area as defined by the California Health Workforce Policy Commission.
- A District Hospital
Additionally, applicants must:
- Be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, or a public health facility
- Have been in existence for at least 3 years performing the same type of services
- Demonstrate evidence of fiscal soundness and the ability to meet the terms of the loan
Loans range between $25,000 - $1,500,000.
A $50 application fee is required.
Completed applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
California Health Facilities Financing Authority
915 Capitol Mall, Suite 435
Sacramento, California 95814
Attn. Operations Manager
Applicants are required to attend the meeting to present their proposals and answer questions from members of the Authority Board.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.