Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program
The Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program will provide support to Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) for quality improvement, quality reporting, performance improvements, and benchmarking; designating facilities as critical access hospitals; and the provision of rural emergency medical services (EMS).Grantees will be expected to work to:
- Improve the quality of care provided by CAHs
- Improve the financial and operational outcomes of CAHs
- Understand the community health and EMS Needs of CAHs
- Enhance the health of rural communities through community/population health improvement
- Improve identification and management of Time Critical Diagnoses and engage EMS capacity and performance in Rural Communities
- Support the financial and operational transition to value based models and healthcare transformation models in the healthcare system
Only States with certified Critical Access Hospitals are eligible for this grant program. The Governor designates the eligible applicant from each state.
Award ceiling: $750,000
Number of awards: Up to 45
Project period: 3 years
Total funding available: $22,540,000
Links to the application and full announcement are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.