Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program
A 2022 competing supplement opportunity for current recipients was published on grants.gov on December 2, 2022. See the application process section below for additional information.
The Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program provides support to Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) for quality improvement, quality reporting, performance improvements, and benchmarking; designating facilities as critical access hospitals; and the provision of rural emergency medical services (EMS).Program areas include:
- Improve the quality of care provided by CAHs
- Improve the financial and operational outcomes of CAHs
- CAH population health improvement
- Enhance the health of rural communities through community/population health improvement
- Rural EMS Improvement
- Innovative Model Development
- CAH Designation
Only States with certified Critical Access Hospitals are eligible for this grant program. The Governor designates the eligible applicant from each state.
Award ceiling: See Appendix: State
Funding Levels in the
Number of awards: Up to 45
Project period: 5 years
Total funding available: $27,000,000
Links to the application and full announcement are available through grants.gov.
- Funding to expand upon the current Flex program by encouraging rural EMS agencies to educate staff and leadership on accurate reporting, and how it drives quality improvement efforts at the agency level
- Applicants must be current recipients funded under HRSA-19-024, Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program cooperative agreement.
- Application deadline: March 4, 2022
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.