Health Information Technology to Improve Health Care Quality and Outcomes (R21)
The Health Information Technology (IT) to Improve Health Care Quality and Outcomes (R21) program will award funding for research that will contribute to the evidence base of how health information technology improves healthcare quality and outcomes.
Specific areas of interest are:
- Bring research evidence to clinical practice
- Use clinical data to improve care delivery and support shared decision making
Project examples are listed in the application instructions.
AHRQ supports research, evaluations, and demonstration projects concerning the delivery of healthcare in inner-city and rural areas (including frontier areas), and healthcare for priority populations. Priority populations include low income groups; minority groups; women; children; the elderly; and individuals with special health care needs, including individuals with disabilities and individuals who need chronic care or end-of-life healthcare.
Entities eligible to apply include:
- Public or nonprofit private institutions, such as a university, college, or a faith-based or community-based organization
- Units of local or state government
- Eligible agencies of the federal government
- Indian/Native American tribal government (federally recognized)
- Indian/Native American tribal Government (other than federally recognized)
- Indian/Native American tribally designated organizations
Total costs are limited to $300,000 over a 2-year period, with no more than $200,000 in total costs allowed in any single year.
Links to the program guidance and electronic application process are available through grants.gov.
Standard NIH application
due dates for the R21 activity code apply to this
funding opportunity. Be aware that there are different
deadlines for new and resubmission applications.
This opportunity expires on July 17, 2021.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.