Indian Health Service Health Professions Scholarship Program
The Indian Health Service Health Professions Scholarship provides financial aid covering tuition, required fees and other educational and living expenses for qualified American Indian and Alaska Native students (members of federally recognized tribes only) applying to, accepted by, or enrolled in a health profession program.
Recipients of the scholarship are required to fulfill a minimum two-year service commitment at an Indian health facility.
Priority is given to graduate students and junior- and senior-level students unless otherwise specified.
Individuals who are a member of a federally recognized Indian Tribe or Alaska Native are eligible to apply. Membership in a tribe recognized only by a state does not meet this requirement. Applicants must be enrolled in an appropriately accredited school and pursuing a course of study in a health profession.
Eligible professions include:
- Chemical Dependency Counseling — Master’s degrees
- Clinical Psychology — PhD or PsyD
- Counseling Psychology — PhD
- Dentistry — DDS or DMD degrees
- Medicine — Allopathic and Osteopathic
- Nursing — Associate and Bachelor Degrees and Advanced Degrees in Family Practice, Pediatric, Psychiatry, Geriatric, Women’s Health, Anesthesia, Midwifery
- Optometry — OD
- Pharmacy — PharmD
- Physician Assistant — Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C)
- Physical Therapy — MS and Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degrees
- Podiatry - DPM
- Social Work — Master’s degree with concentration in direct or clinical practice
The award will cover tuition, required fees, and other educational and living expenses.
Indian Health Service Scholarship Program
Attn: Application — Supporting Documentation
5600 Fishers Lane
Mail Stop: OHR (11E53A)
Rockville, MD 20857
Deadline for renewal applications is February 28, 2017.
Deadline for new applications is March 28, 2017.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.