Community Economic Development Projects
For programmatic or technical
For grants management or budget
The Community Economic Development (CED) program provides funding for projects aimed at business development opportunities and creating employment for low-income individuals located in geographic areas with a demonstrated need. Priority points will be awarded to projects that will create jobs in rural communities with high rates of poverty, unemployment, or substance use disorder, or hire individuals with low income from rural communities to fill positions created.
Funds can be used for construction and non-construction purposes, and business start-up and expansion activities. Examples of past projects include:
- Expansion or construction of a community health center
- Senior outreach services
- Establishment of a satellite clinic
- Development of supermarkets and healthy foods businesses
- Workforce redevelopment program
- Learning centers
To be eligible for the CED program, an applicant must meet all 3 conditions:
- Applicant must be a private, nonprofit Community Development Corporation (CDC) with 501(c)(3) status
- Applicant must have articles of incorporation or bylaws demonstrating that the CDC has as a principal purpose of planning, developing, or managing low-income housing or community development activities
- The Board of Directors must have representation from each of the following: community residents, business leaders, and civic leaders.
Award ceiling: $800,000
Award floor: $100,000
Expected number of Awards: 15
Total program funding: $12,300,000
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
- Administration for Children and Families, view details
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.