Rural Veterans Health Access Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
For programmatic or technical assistance
For business, administrative, or fiscal
The Rural Veterans Health Access Program provides funding for current Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program award recipients in states with certified Critical Access Hospitals to work with providers and other partners to improve access to needed healthcare services and to improve the coordination of care for veterans living in rural areas.
Proposed projects should target objective 1 and at least one of objectives 2-4:
- Increasing access to care for underserved veteran populations, including geriatric, women, Native American, and minority veteran populations (required objective)
- Increasing care coordination for veterans seeking care both at the VA system and from other community providers, including the VA community care program
- Increasing access to mental health services, substance use disorder (SUD) services, or other healthcare services deemed necessary to meet the needs of veterans living in rural areas
- Increasing access to crisis intervention services and the detection of PTSD, traumatic brain injuries, and other signature injuries for veterans in rural areas, which can include the referral of such veterans to medical facilities operated by the VA
Only states (current Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program award recipients in states with certified Critical Access Hospitals) are eligible to apply for funding under this program. The Governor designates the eligible applicant from each state.
Award ceiling: $300,000
Number of awards: Up to 3
Project period: 3 years
Total funding available: $900,000
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, view details
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.