Health Center Expanded Services Supplemental Funding
Expanded services supplemental funds support increased access to preventive and primary health care services, including oral health, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, and/or enabling services at existing health center sites.
Health Center Program grantees requesting expanded services funds must demonstrate how these funds will be used to expand medical capacity and services to underserved populations in their service areas. Applicants must propose to expand existing primary care medical capacity by adding new medical providers, increasing the availability of medical services, and/or expanding hours of operations.
Applicants may also propose to use a portion of expanded services funds to do one or more of the following:
- Expand existing or begin to directly provide oral health services
- Expand existing or begin to directly provide behavioral health services
- Expand existing or begin to directly provide pharmacy services
- Expand existing or begin to directly provide vision services
- Provide greater enabling services
Existing health centers currently receiving funding as of September 30, 2010, under the Health Center Program are eligible for expanded services funds:
- Community Health Centers (CHC) - Section 330(e)
- Migrant Health Centers (MHC) - Section 330(g)
- Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) - Section 330(h)
- Public Housing Primary Care (PHPC) - Section 330(i)
HRSA expects to award $350 million through formula-based supplements. Final funding levels will be determined following enactment of FY 2011 appropriations for the Section 330 program. All eligible grantees will be notified of the maximum amount they are eligible to receive.
General Technical Assistance Conference Call
Wednesday, November 3, 1:30 - 3:30 pm ET
Phone: 1.888.324.7119 passcode 2833964
Replay: 1.866.388.4360, passcode 4231
Send questions prior to the call by email to email@example.com.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.