Water and Waste Disposal Technical Assistance and Training Grants
Water and Waste Disposal Technical Assistance and Training (TAT) Grants support organizations that provide technical assistance and training to:
- Identify and evaluate solutions to water and waste problems related to source, storage, treatment, distribution, collection, treatment, and disposal
- Assist in preparing applications for water and waste disposal loans and grants
- Provide technical assistance and training to improve management, operations, and maintenance of water and waste disposal systems
Eligible applicants are:
- Private nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations established within the Unites States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and U.S. territories
- Organizations that have a proven record of successfully providing technical assistance and/or training to rural areas
- Organizations that demonstrate the financial, technical, and managerial capability to comply with federal and state laws and requirements
Eligible training and technical assistance recipients are rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less and tribal lands in rural areas.
Estimated number of awards: 35
Project period: 1 year
Estimated total program funding: $30,000,000
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov. The application instructions will be found on the related documents tab.
Applicants may apply online or file paper applications.
Grant applications for projects that serve a single state may be mailed to the state's USDA Rural Development office.
Applications that propose to serve more than one state may be mailed to:
Water and Environmental Programs
Rural Development, Rural Utilities Service
United States Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
STOP 1548, Room 4002 South
Washington, DC 20250-1548
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.