Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program offers funding for nonprofit organizations and consumer cooperatives that provide supportive services for very low-income veterans and their families residing in permanent housing to remain stably housed and to rapidly transition those not currently in permanent housing to stable housing. Supportive services grants will be equitably distributed across geographic regions, including rural communities and tribal lands.
Examples of program funding uses include, but are not limited to:
- Child care
- Emergency housing assistance
- Rental assistance
- Utility-fee payment assistance
- Security deposits
- Utility deposits
- Moving costs
- General housing stability assistance
Private nonprofit organizations and consumer cooperatives that provide supportive services for very low-income veterans and their families residing in or transitioning to permanent housing are eligible to apply.
Up to $4,000,000. Award amounts vary by applicant type and project location.
- Priority 1: Funding for existing grantees with 3-year CARF, 4-year COA accreditations, or 3-year JC accreditations
- Priority 2: All other existing grantees that are not eligible to apply under Priority 1
- Priority 3: New applicants that are seeking to provide services in of the targeted areas
- Priority 4: New applicants that will provide safe haven shelter services on VA Medical Center (VAMC) campuses
Links to additional guidance, application instructions, and the online application portal are available on the program website and grants.gov.
Be sure to use the appropriate application for new or returning applicants.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.