Montana Rural Physician Incentive Program (MRPIP)
The Montana Rural Physician Incentive Program was established to encourage primary care physicians to practice in medically underserved areas of rural Montana.
This program assists in the recruitment and retention of primary care physicians by providing debt repayment benefits for medical education to physicians who practice in areas of the state that are medically underserved and that demonstrate the need for assistance in physician recruitment and retention.
Preference is given to:
- Montana WWAMI Trust graduates
- Montana WICHE and WWAMI medical and osteopathic medical graduates
- Physicians practicing in remote rural locations take precedence over physicians practicing in rural locations more likely to draw physicians.
- Primary care physicians
Eligible providers must:
- Have qualified medical student loans
- Have MD or DO degree
- Be eligible for licensure in Montana
Up to $150,000 over a 1-5 year period of service.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.