Sexual Assault Services Culturally Specific Grant Program
The Sexual Assault Services Culturally Specific Grant Program awards funding to nonprofit organizations that offer culturally specific sexual assault services.
Proposed activities regarding sexual assault victim services must extend beyond intimate partner sexual violence and include services to a broad range of survivors, such as:
- Adults abused as children
- Child and youth victims and survivors
- Adults sexually assaulted by those other than an intimate partner
Interventions and assistance may include:
- 24-hour hotline services providing crisis intervention services and referral
- Accompaniment and advocacy through medical, criminal justice, and social support systems, including medical facilities, police, and court proceedings
- Crisis intervention, short-term individual and group support services, and comprehensive service coordination and supervision to assist sexual assault victims and family or household members
- Information and referral to assist the sexual assault victim and family or household members
- Community-based, culturally specific services and support mechanisms, including outreach activities for underserved communities
- Development and distribution of materials on issues related to the services described above
Eligible applicants are private, nonprofit organizations with the primary purpose of providing culturally specific services to one or more of the following racial and ethnic communities:
- American Indians
- Alaska Natives
- Asian Americans
- Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders
Organizations must meet specific eligibility requirements as described in the application instructions.
Award range: $280,000 - $300,000
Project period: 36 months
Estimated number of awards: 12
Total funding available: $3,750,000
Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to submit a letter of intent to OVW.SASP.Cultural@usdoj.gov by March 1, 2021.
Applicants should submit an SF-424 and an SF-LLL in grants.gov by the March 1, 2021 deadline.
Submit the full application, including attachments, in the JustGrants grants management system by the March 16, 2021 deadline.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.