Sexual Assault Services Culturally Specific Grant Program
Application: Mar 31, 2023
For programmatic or technical
For financial questions:
The Sexual Assault Services Culturally Specific Grant Program awards funding to nonprofit organizations that offer culturally specific sexual assault services.
Proposed activities regarding sexual assault victim services must extend beyond intimate partner sexual violence and include services to a broad range of survivors, such as:
- Adults abused as children
- Child and youth victims and survivors
- Adults sexually assaulted by those other than an intimate partner
Interventions and assistance may include:
- 24-hour hotline services providing crisis intervention services and referral
- Accompaniment and advocacy through medical, criminal justice, and social support systems, including medical facilities, police, and court proceedings
- Crisis intervention, short-term individual and group support services, and comprehensive service coordination and supervision to assist sexual assault victims and family or household members
- Information and referral to assist the sexual assault victim and family or household members
- Community-based, culturally specific services and support mechanisms, including outreach activities for underserved communities
- Development and distribution of materials on issues related to the services described above
Planning grants are also available to establish culturally specific sexual assault services. Proposed activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in site visits, peer-to-peer exchange, and technical assistance events
- Developing relevant policies and procedures
- Delivering culturally specific sexual assault training to staff and leadership
- Funding a project/planning coordinator
- Creating and/or revising program documents
- Coordinating and conducting planning meetings
- Establishing an advisory/consulting committee
Eligible applicants are private, nonprofit organizations with the primary purpose of providing culturally specific services to one or more of the following racial and ethnic communities:
- American Indians
- Alaska Natives
- Asian Americans
- Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders
Award range: $280,000 - $300,000
Project period: 36 months
Estimated number of awards: 17
Total funding available: $5,100,000
Planning grants will be made for up to $100,000 for a period of up to 24 months.
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
While not required, applicants are strongly encouraged to email a letter of intent to OVW.SASP.Cultural@usdoj.gov by March 7, 2023.
Applicants should submit an SF-424 and an SF-LLL in grants.gov by March 31, 2023.
Submit the full application, including attachments, in the JustGrants grants management system by April 4, 2023.
- U.S. Department of Justice, view details
- Office on Violence Against Women, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.