Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG)
The Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) program is designed to enhance the health and safety of public and firefighting personnel and to provide support for emergency responders regarding fire, medical, and all hazard events.
Funds may be used for:
- Operations and safety activities such as:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Modifications to facilities
- Vehicle acquisition
- Joint/regional interoperability projects
Eligible applicants are:
- Fire departments
- Nonaffiliated EMS organizations
- State Fire Training Academies
Award Ceiling: $3,550,000
Expected Number of Awards: 2,000
Total Funding Available: $319,500,000
No more than 2% of the total program funding will be awarded to nonaffiliated EMS organizations.
A cost share of up to 15% is required based on the population of the jurisdiction served.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.