Business and Industry Guaranteed Loans
U.S. Department of Agriculture, USDA Rural Development
Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
The purpose of the Business and Industry Guaranteed Loan
Program is to improve, develop, or finance business,
industry, and employment and improve the economic and
environmental climate in rural communities.
Funds may be used for:
- Business conversion, enlargement, repair,
modernization, or development
- The purchase and development of land, buildings, and
associated infrastructure for commercial or industrial
- The purchase and installation of machinery,
equipment, supplies, and inventory
- Debt refinancing when such refinancing improves cash
flow and creates jobs
- Business and industrial acquisitions when the loan
will maintain business operations and create or save jobs
Borrowers may be:
- For-profit businesses
- Nonprofit organizations and cooperatives
- Federally recognized tribes
- Public bodies
The program funds projects within eligible areas, which
- Any area other than a city or town with a population
of greater than 50,000 inhabitants and the urbanized area
of that city or town
- The borrower's headquarters may be based within a
larger city as long as the project is located in an
eligible rural area.
- The lender may be located anywhere in the U.S..
- Projects may be funded in rural and urban areas under
Local and Regional Food System Initiative.
Amount of funding
Loans approved in Fiscal Year 2021 will receive an 80%
Terms, fees, and underwriting requirements may be found
Capital funding · Community and economic development · Employment and unemployment · Healthcare facilities
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.