Strengthening the Safety Net: Improving Access to High Quality Health Care in Michigan
Strengthening the Safety Net: Improving Access to High Quality Health Care in Michigan grants provide funding to safety net clinics and medical and dental homes in Michigan to support general operations.
Funds may be used to support:
- Equipment and medical supplies
- Patient medication
- Patient education related to health and healthcare
- Information technology hardware or software
- Facilities, including rent, utilities, and repairs
- Communications such as printing, postage, and office supplies
- Salaries, wages, and benefits
- Volunteer recruitment and retention
- Discounted contract services such as lab, X-ray, specialty care, information technology support, and grant writing
Eligibility criteria includes:
- Be based in Michigan with a mission to serve low-income, uninsured, or underinsured patients
- Be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization or be a community-based nonprofit organization paired with a 501(c)(3)
- Provide medical, dental, vision, mental health, pharmacy, or specialty care services to at least 100 patients and all interested adults
- Provide services at little or no cost to patients
- Work with volunteer administrators and clinicians
- Have a physician serving as medical director
- Be in operation for at least 2 years
- Be in good standing regarding all previous Blue Cross grants, if applicable
Safety net clinics that provide episodic care, are open for limited hours, and treat more than 100 uninsured and underinsured patients annually are eligible to apply for up to $12,500 to support their operations.
Clinics that serve as medical or dental homes and are open for at least 30 hours per week or bill Medicaid are eligible to apply for up to $25,000 to support team-based approaches to care. Awards at this level require a $10,000 match.
Links to the program guidance and required forms are available on the program website.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Hard copies that cannot be emailed may be mailed to:
Strengthening the Safety Net Grant Program — MC L10C
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
232 S. Capitol Ave.
Lansing, MI 48933-1504
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.