Appalachian Community Fund Technical Assistance Grants
Appalachian Community Fund (ACF) Technical Assistance Grants are given to help with specific technical assistance needs of community-based organizations that address underlying causes of the economic and social distress of the region. By helping staff, board, and members hone their skills, ACF believes an organization's work will be stronger and more effective.
Technical Assistance grants are designed to build organizational capacity and to help train board members and/or staff in organization building skills such as but not limited to:
- Leadership development
- Fundraising and planned giving
- Board responsibilities and roles
- Long range planning
- Financial management/planning
- Legal issues (such as nonprofit incorporation)
- Community organizing
- Promotion and marketing
- Training fees, materials, and travel
Organizations must have 501(c)3 status or a 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor in order to receive ACF funding. The organization or project must be in Appalachian counties of Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, or West Virginia.
The organization or project must show evidence of working for social change through one or more of the following:
- Organizing and action led by people working to control their own lives
- Educating communities about the root causes of oppression and injustice
- Eliminating barriers to full participation in society
- Focusing on efforts to change cultural, social, political, and economic systems and institutions that accommodate and perpetuate social injustice
- Creating and modeling democratic cultural, social, political, and economic systems
- Connecting local issues with national and global concerns
- Networking, collaborating, and cooperating with other change agents working toward similar goals
Up to $800.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.