Senior Corps Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
Application: Nov 7, 2018
The Corporation for National and Community Service will fund Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) projects that support volunteers 55 years and older serving in a diverse range of activities in areas that currently do not have an RSVP grant.
Program areas include:
- Education - Services and resources that contribute to improved educational outcomes for people who are economically disadvantaged, especially children, and for children with special and/or exceptional needs.
- Healthy Futures - Meeting health needs within communities including access to care, aging in place, and childhood obesity
- Veteran and Military Families - Impact the quality of life of veterans and improve military family strength
- Economic Opportunity - Providing services and resources for economically disadvantaged people, including homeless individuals
- Environmental Stewardship - Services that contribute to increased energy and water efficiency, renewable energy use, or improved at-risk ecosystems.
- Disaster Services - Assisting in disaster preparedness, response, recovery, and/or mitigation
In addition to the areas listed above, the RSVP program is particularly interested in projects that focus on:
- Opioid abuse access to care
- Aging in place: elder justice, independent living, social isolation, and respite for informal caregivers
- Disaster services
- Veterans and military families
- Intergenerational education programs
- Workforce development for economically disadvantaged populations
Eligible applicants include:
- Tribes and tribal organizations
- Institutions of higher education
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
Amounts vary based on the scope of the projects.
Expected award range: $40,000 -
Estimated total program funding: $13,700,000
Project period: 3 years
Applicants are required to match funds through local, non-federal contributions of cash or in-kind services. Required match in year 1 is at least 10% of the total project budget. The required match is at least 20% in year 2, and at least 30% in year 3 and subsequent years if the grant is renewed.
While not required, a notice of intent to apply is highly encouraged. Submit the notice of intent through the online survey system by October 10, 2018.
Technical assistance webinars:
All webinars are from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. Eastern. Connect to webinars at the scheduled times through the RSVP 2019 Adobe Connect link.
- Introduction to Senior Corps and RSVP
- October 2, 2018
- October 16, 2018
- The Notice of Funding Opportunity
- October 3, 2018
- October 17, 2018
- RSVP in Action: Mobilizing a Generation
- October 4, 2018
- October 18, 2018
- Understanding National Performance Measures
- October 10, 2018
- October 24, 2018
- Submitting Your Application in eGrants
- October 11, 2018
- October 25, 2018
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.