Rhode Island Health Professional Loan Repayment Program
The Rhode Island Health Professional Loan Repayment Program offers loan repayment assistance to primary care, dentistry, and mental health professionals that have made a commitment to practice in medically underserved communities in Rhode Island.
Full-time participants must sign a 2-year service agreement.
Eligible applicants include:
- Physicians (MD/DO) who work in the following fields:
- Family medicine or osteopathic general practice
- Internal medicine including geriatrics
- General Practice Dentists (D.D.S. or D.M.D.)
- Pediatric Dentists
- Primary Care Certified
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Registered Clinical Dental Hygienists
- Health Service Psychologist (formerly Clinical or Counseling Psychologists (Ph.D. or equivalent)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (master's or doctoral degree in social work)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Mental Health Counselors
- Licensed Professional Counselors (master's or doctoral degree with a major study in counseling)
- Marriage and Family Therapists (master's or doctoral degree with a major study in marriage and family therapy)
- Registered Nurses (RN, APRN)
- Pharmacists (PharmD)
- Master's level substance use counselors
Full eligibility requirements are provided in the application instructions.
Amount of funding varies per applicant.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.