RAISE Transportation Discretionary Grants
RAISE Discretionary Grants (formerly BUILD Discretionary Grants and TIGER Transportation Grants) provide funding for capital investments in unmet surface transportation infrastructure needs.
RAISE funding may be used to support:
- Highway, bridge, or other road projects
- Public transportation
- Passenger and freight rail transportation
- Port infrastructure investments (including inland port infrastructure and land ports of entry)
- Intermodal transportation projects
- Projects investing in surface transportation facilities that are located on tribal land and for which title or maintenance responsibility is vested in the federal government
U.S. Department of Transportation will consider geographic diversity among recipients, including the need for a balance between the needs of urban, rural, and tribal areas, as well as investment in a variety of transportation modes.
Eligible applicants include:
- State, local, and tribal governments
- U.S. territories
- Transit agencies
- Port authorities
- Metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs)
- Other political subdivisions of state or local governments
- Multi-state or multi-jurisdictional groups applying through a single lead applicant
Recipients of BUILD or TIGER grants may apply for funding to support additional phases of a project previously awarded funds under the BUILD/TIGER program. Applicants should demonstrate the extent to which the previously funded project phase has met estimated project schedules and budget, as well as the ability to realize the benefits expected for the project.
Award ceiling: $25,000,000
Total funding available: $1,000,000,000
- All applicant webinar 4/28/2021 recording and 4/28/2021 presentation slides
- Rural and tribal applicants webinar 5/4/2021 recording and 5/4/2021 presentation slides
- Preparing a benefit cost analysis webinar 5/6/2021 recording and 5/6/2021 presentation slides
- All applicant webinar 5/12/2021 recording and 5/12/2021 presentation slides
- Preparing a benefit cost analysis webinar 5/13/2021 recording and 5/13/2021 presentation slides
- All applicant webinar 5/18/2021 recording and 5/18/2021 presentation slides
- Planning grant webinar 5/20/2021 recording and 5/20/2021 presentation slides
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.