Foundation for Rural Service Community Grant Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Foundation for Rural Service Community Grant Program provides funding for projects in rural communities served by the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association (NTCA) members.
Funds may be used for:
- Business and Economic Development: Entrepreneurship and job creation programs
- Community Development: Outreach programs that promote technology learning and innovation or that encourage rural development through arts and tourism
- Education: Education technology (such as computers and smart boards), extracurricular activities, and distance learning programs
- Telecommunications Applications: Promoting the implementation and use of broadband-enabled applications for telehealth, education, government services, safety and security, and efficient energy distribution and use
Examples of health-related projects that have been funded include:
- Equipment for firefighters and first responders
- Park updates to encourage physical activity
- Equipment for early intervention services for preschool aged children
- Laptops for rural ambulance services
- Purchase of mobile telemedicine carts
- A telehealth program that concentrates on follow-up assessments for patients following an illness or new medical diagnosis
- A Cardiac Ready Community Project that trains residents from remote communities in hands-only CPR and AED usage
- Purchasing laptops with webcams to facilitate mental health assessments in rural emergency rooms via a telemedicine crisis center
- Purchase of technology to assist veterans and their families enroll in federal and state benefit programs
501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served by NTCA members are eligible. NTCA members must apply on behalf of organizations in their service area.
Award ceiling: $5,000
A 10% match is required from the local NTCA member.
Links to the program flyer, application guide, and the online application system are available on the program website.
- Foundation for Rural Service, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.