Arkansas Rural Community Grant Program
The Arkansas Rural Community Grant Program awards matching funds to rural communities in Arkansas to improve quality of life, including emergency services and the development and improvement of community facilities.
Projects eligible for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Renovations, new construction, or additions to publicly owned buildings such as civic or community centers, senior or youth centers, libraries, and museums
- Renovations, new construction, new equipment, or additions to parks and other publicly owned recreational facilities such as baseball or softball fields, landscape or beautification projects, park and picnic areas, and jogging/walking trails
- Purchase of storm sirens or construction of publicly owned storm shelters accessible to the citizens of the entire community
- Renovations, new construction, or additions to fire facilities
- The purchase of fire protection equipment and vehicles
- The rehabilitation and/or retrofitting of newly acquired equipment and vehicles
Incorporated cities and towns and unincorporated communities in rural Arkansas with populations less than 3,000 are eligible to apply.
Award ceiling: $15,000
Estimated total program funding: $600,000
Recipients are required to match the project budget with 50% cash or in-kind funds.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.