South Dakota Recruitment Assistance Program
South Dakota Recruitment Assistance Program provides qualifying physicians, dentists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurse midwives an incentive payment in return for 3 continuous years of practice in an eligible rural community in South Dakota.
Eligible professions include:
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Nurse midwives
Specific eligibility information for each profession is available on the program website.
Eligible communities must:
- Have a population of 10,000 or less
- Not be located within a 20-mile radius of a city with a population of 50,000 or more
- Have an unmet provider need greater than 0.25 full-time equivalent (FTE) hours
- Be assessed by the Department of Health to evaluate the community's need for eligible providers and its ability to sustain and support additional providers and be found eligible for participation
- Agree to pay a pro-rated portion of the total amount of the incentive payment
Current incentive payment amounts are as follows:
- $243,634 for qualifying physicians and dentists
- $69,108 for qualifying physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurse midwives
Interested applicants should contact the South Dakota Office of Rural Health at 800.738.2301.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.