Justice Systems and Alcohol and Substance Abuse: Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS)
Justice Systems, and Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program offers grants to develop, enhance, and continue tribal justice systems including alcohol and substance abuse prevention programs, intervention and treatment, and healing to wellness courts.
Program goals and objectives include:
- To develop, enhance, and continue tribal justice systems
- To respond to and prevent alcohol and substance abuse-related crimes, including alcohol and substance abuse prevention, healing to wellness courts, intervention, or treatment
- To develop, implement, and enhance substance abuse prevention and treatment programs, including those that prevent and address the needs of drug-endangered children
- To implement enhanced authorities and provisions under the TLOA and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013
- To address the needs of young adults (ages 18–25) who are involved with or at risk of involvement with the justice system
- To engage in comprehensive strategic planning to improve tribal justice and community safety as it relates to tribal courts and alcohol and substance abuse
Specific goals, objectives, and funding use may be found in the application instructions.
This is Purpose Area #3 of the Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS). Applicants may choose from nine purpose areas and submit a single proposal.
Federally-recognized tribes or an organization acting as the authorized designee of a federally-recognized tribe may apply.
Award ceiling: $750,000
Award floor: $250,000
Expected number of awards: 20-30
Project period: 3 years
Total funding available: $16,800,000
Applications must be submitted online through the Office of Justice Programs Grants Management System (GMS).
Instructions for online submission can be found on the GMS webpage.
A link to an online guide, Preparing for the Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation, is available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.