Community Innovation Grants
The Community Innovation Grants Program awards funding to nonprofits working to create effective, equitable, and sustainable changes in communities. Although limitations aren't put on the types of projects, at least 50% of Community Innovation grants will be awarded to projects that address racial and economic disparities.
Examples of past projects include:
- First Children's Finance Fund to address rural child care issues
- Northfield Healthy Community Initiative working to achieve community-level change for children and youth
- Renewing the Countryside II to strengthen local food systems in rural areas
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe for culturally competent health and wellness programs
- Men as Peacemakers working to prevent violence and promote equity
501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and government units are eligible to apply. Coalitions or collaboratives are eligible to apply, but only one organization may be the recipient of the award.
Applicant organizations must be in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, or the 23 native nations that share the same geography.
Award Ceiling: $200,000
Award Floor: $500
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.