AmeriCorps Indian Tribes Grants
Application: May 2, 2019
AmeriCorps Indian Tribes Grants provide funding to engage AmeriCorps members in evidence-based or evidence-informed interventions to strengthen communities.
Priority areas include:
- Disaster services: improving community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation
- Economic opportunity: increasing economic opportunities for communities by engaging opportunity youth, either as the population served and/or as AmeriCorps members, to prepare them for the workforce
- Education: improving student academic performance in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (STEM), and/or serving students who attend Bureau of Indian Education schools
- Healthy futures: reducing and/or preventing substance abuse (including opioids) and suicide
- Veterans and military families: positively impacting the quality of life of veterans and improving military family strength
Eligible applicants are federally-recognized Indian tribes and tribal organizations.
AmeriCorps grants can be awarded on a cost reimbursement or fixed amount basis. See the application instructions for complete details.
There is no specific match requirement for fixed amount grants, but CNCS does not provide all the funds necessary to operate the program.
Links to the program guidance and application instructions are available on the program website.
Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to submit an online notification of intent to apply by April 10, 2019.
Applicants must submit their applications electronically through the CNCS web-based system, eGrants by May 2, 2019.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.