AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Grants provide funding to engage AmeriCorps members in evidence-based or evidence-informed interventions to strengthen tribal communities.
Priority areas include:
- Organizations serving communities with concentrated poverty, rural communities, tribal communities, and those serving historically underrepresented and underserved individuals, including but not limited to communities of color, immigrants and refugees, people with disabilities, people who identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with arrest and/or conviction records, and religious minorities
- Evidence-based interventions on the Evidence Exchange that are assessed as having moderate or strong evidence in improving outcomes for individuals living in underserved communities
- Veterans and military families, caregivers, and survivors
- Programs that provide additional benefits to AmeriCorps members aimed at enhancing member experience and bolstering member recruitment and retention such as paying more than the minimum living allowance, transportation, housing, food
- Programs that create workforce pathways for AmeriCorps members, including deliberate training, certifications, and hiring preferences or support
- Faith-based organizations
- Environmental stewardship
Eligible applicants are federally-recognized tribes and tribal organizations.
AmeriCorps grants can be awarded on a cost reimbursement or fixed amount basis. Matching funds requirements vary depending upon the type of grant award. See the application instructions for complete details.
A first-time successful applicant is required to match 24% for the first 3-year funding period. Starting with year 4, the match requirement gradually increases every year to 50% by year 10. A table is provided in the application instructions.
Applicants may also request American Rescue Plan match replacement funds to cover a portion of the grantee share costs.
Links to additional guidance and the application instructions are available on the program website.
Submit applications through the AmeriCorps eGrants system.
- AmeriCorps, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.