Oregon Health Care Provider Loan Repayment Program
The Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program provides loan repayment for primary care clinicians who serve patients in underserved areas of Oregon regardless of their source of coverage or ability to pay.
Program participants must commit to a service obligation of at least 3 years.
Eligible licensed providers include:
- Dentists in general or pediatric practice
- Expanded practice dental hygienists
- Physicians who practice in the specialties of family medicine, general practice, general internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, or obstetrics and gynecology
- Nurse Practitioners who practice in the specialties of adult primary care, women's healthcare, geriatrics, pediatrics, psychiatric mental health, family practice, or nurse midwifery
- Physician Assistants who practice in the specialties of family medicine, general practice, general internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, or obstetrics and gynecology
- General, child and adolescent, or geriatric psychiatrists
- Clinical psychologists
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Licensed professional counselors
- Licensed marriage and family therapists
Eligible unlicensed providers include:
- Clinical social workers
- Counseling or clinical psychologists
- Professional counselors
- Marriage and family counselors
Applicants must be providing primary care in an outpatient setting at a qualified Oregon practice site.
Full-time participants commit to a minimum of 3 years of service and receive an annual tax free award of 50% of qualifying loan debt balance, up to $50,000 for each year.
Part-time service providers commit to a minimum of 3 years and receive an annual tax free award of 25% of their qualifying loan debt balance, up to $25,000 for each year.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.