Full-Service Community Schools Program
Application: Apr 15, 2019
Michelle Johnson Armstrong
The Full-Service Community Schools Program offers funding to establish or expand full-service community schools, which will coordinate academic, social, and health services through local partnerships among public elementary and secondary schools; the schools' local educational agencies (LEAs); and community-based organizations, nonprofit organizations, and other public or private entities.
Each applicant must propose to provide at least 3 of the following eligible services at each participating full-service community school included in its proposed project:
- High-quality early childhood education programs
- High-quality school and out of school time programs and strategies
- Support for a child's transition to elementary school, from elementary school to middle school, from middle school to high school, and from high school into and through postsecondary education and into the workforce
- Family and community engagement and supports
- Activities that support postsecondary and workforce readiness
- Community-based support for students who have attended the schools in the area served by the pipeline
- Social, health, nutrition, and mental health services and supports
- Juvenile crime prevention and rehabilitation programs
Rural, low-income school districts are given competitive priority.
Applicants must be a consortium consisting of:
- One or more LEA; or
- The Bureau of Indian Education; and
- One or more community-based organization, nonprofit organization, or other public or private entity
Award ceiling: $500,000 per year
Award floor: $75,000 per year
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 8
Estimated total program funding: $4,142,281
Applicants must provide matching funds for a portion of the services.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.