Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Grants
Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Grants awards funding to organizations working in West Virginia and southwestern Pennsylvania.
Areas of interest include:
Health and Human Services: Supports
innovations in healthcare delivery systems, a
strengthening of the public health infrastructure, and
community-based health promotion, especially with
regard to chronic disease prevention and management.
Specific areas of interest within this category
- Support for a healthier quality of life for West Virginians through access to affordable healthcare, preventive health services, state-level policy development, and quality care systems across the lifespan
- Ensuring a system of accessible and affordable healthcare for children, early intervention services that lead to school-success, and the promotion of child-focused public policy
- Delivery of oral health education for the public and the implementation of preventive strategies in the state oral health plan
Supports any significant opportunity to improve the
education system including:
- Career education, job training, and workforce pipeline programs that align secondary and post-secondary programs to high-demand, high-wage occupations.
- Arts education, the integration of arts into other disciplines, and the partnership of community arts groups and higher education with the PreK-12 education system
- Programs that improve teacher quality through professional development and innovative instructional strategies
Economic Development: Supports regional
planning and cooperation including efforts to advance
agriculture, outdoor recreation, artisanship, and
cultural tourism. Specific areas of Foundation interest
- Promotion of entrepreneurship
- Projects that promote technology-based economic development
- Programs to promote the growth and accessibility of new capital for businesses in distressed communities and areas of high unemployment
Community Development: Supports projects
that work to improve capabilities of leaders,
organizations, citizens to address challenges and
opportunities to community prosperity. Specific areas
of interest include:
- Activities that engage diverse groups of citizens in the life of the community
- Efforts that help communities organize, plan, and implement ambitious but achievable improvement strategies
- Leadership development
- Programs that improve the effectiveness and accountability of nonprofit and public organizations
- Efforts to expand technology access, affordability, and utilization
- Activities that provide decent, safe, and affordable housing through home construction, repair, financing, and education programs
Eligible applicants are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and governmental units located in West Virginia or one of four counties in southwestern Pennsylvania (Allegheny, Washington, Greene, and Fayette).
Awards vary based on the size and scope of the project.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.