Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Grants
Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Grants awards funding to organizations working in West Virginia and southwestern Pennsylvania.
Areas of interest include:
Health and Human Services: Supports
innovations in health care delivery systems, a
strengthening of the public health infrastructure, and
community-based health promotion - especially with
regard to chronic disease prevention and management.
Specific areas of interest within this category
- Projects that support a healthier quality of life through access to affordable health care
- Preventive health services
- State-level policy development
- Childhood early intervention services that lead to school success
- Oral health education
Education: Supports any significant
opportunity to improve the education system including:
- Career education, job training, and workforce pipeline programs that align secondary and post-secondary programs to high-demand, high-wage occupations.
- Arts education and integration programs
- Professional development for teachers
Economic Development: Supports
regional planning and cooperation including efforts to
advance agriculture, outdoor recreation, artisanship,
and cultural tourism. Specific areas of Foundation
- Promotion of entrepreneurship
- Projects that promote technology-based economic development
- Programs to promote the growth and accessibility of new capital for businesses in distressed communities and areas of high unemployment
Community Development: Supports
projects that work to improve capabilities of leaders,
organizations, citizens to address challenges and
opportunities to community prosperity. Specific areas
of interest include:
- Leadership development
- Affordable housing
- Technology affordability, accessibility, and utilization projects
- Community planning
- Community engagement
Applicants must be located in West Virginia or one of four counties in southwestern Pennsylvania (Allegheny, Washington, Greene, and Fayette). Applicants must have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Awards vary based on the size and scope of the project.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.