School Climate Transformation Grant: Local Education Agency Grants
School Climate Transformation Grant: Local Education Agency Grants (LEA)will award funding to Local Education Agencies to develop, enhance, or expand systems of support for schools implementing an evidence-based behavioral framework for improving a school's climate, resulting in an overall reduction of disruptive behavior, violence, and bullying. Priority will be given to rural and tribal schools and projects that address opioid abuse and prevention.
Funds will be used to implement a plan that improves school climate by:
- Developing, enhancing, or expanding systems of support for, and technical assistance to, schools implementing a multi-tiered system of support for improving school climate by using evidence-based efforts that are designed to foster safety; promote supportive academic, disciplinary, and physical environments; and/or encourage and maintain respectful, trusting, and caring relationships throughout the school community
- Improving the skills of LEA personnel to assist schools' efforts to improve school climate through, for example, policies, funding, professional development, coaching, and coordination of providing services and implementing programs
- Improving the quality, accessibility, and usefulness of any relevant district-wide data collection and analysis related to data-based decision making in areas related to improved school climate
- Defining what it means to implement the multi-tiered system of support with fidelity and determining annually the extent to which the impacted schools are implementing such model with fidelity
- Encouraging the use of evidence-based practices and reliable and valid tools and processes for evaluating the fidelity of efforts related to improved school climate
- Coordinating LEA efforts with appropriate Federal, State, and local resources
Eligible Applicants include Local educational agencies (LEAs), or consortia of LEAs.
Award ceiling: $750,000 per year
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 80
Total funding available: $40,000,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.