American Electric Power Foundation Grants
A list of local AEP Operating Companies is available on the program website.
American Electric Power Foundation Grants offer funding to organizations and projects in areas in which the company operates. The foundation's focus areas include:
- Improving lives through education from early childhood through higher education
- Providing basic human services in the areas of hunger, housing, health and safety
- Protecting the environment
- Enriching the quality of life in our communities through art, music and cultural heritage
Eligible applicants must be located within the AEP service territory, or be national or regional in scope. Eligible organization types include:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- State or political subdivisions
- Government-owned or operated colleges or universities
- Exempt operating foundations
While no amount is specified, the Foundation generally considers requests of not less than $15,000 or those for multi-year commitments. Past grants have been awarded in amounts of up to $150,000.
Requests are accepted throughout the year for consideration at regular meetings of the American Electric Power Foundation board of directors. Applicants must be invited to apply by their local AEP Operating Company.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.