American Electric Power Foundation Grants
Choose the appropriate AEP Operating Company contact from the program website.
American Electric Power (AEP) Foundation Grants offer funding to organizations and projects in areas in which the company operates.
The foundation's focus areas include:
- Improving lives through education from early childhood through higher education
- Providing basic human services in the areas of hunger, housing, health, and safety
- Delivering positive social and racial justice outcomes by embracing change and equity for people of color
- Protecting the environment
- Enriching the quality of life in our communities through art, music, and cultural heritage
Eligible applicants must be located within the AEP service territory, or be national or regional in scope. Eligible organization types include:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- State or political subdivisions
- Government-owned or operated colleges or universities
- Exempt operating foundations
While no amount is specified, the Foundation generally considers requests of not less than $15,000, and multi-year requests are accepted. Past grants have been awarded in amounts of up to $500,000.
Requests are accepted throughout the year for consideration at regular meetings of the American Electric Power Foundation board of directors.
Contact the appropriate AEP Operating Company listed on the program website to discuss the project and request access to the online application.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.