Rural Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing Grants
Rural Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing Grants will fund national organizations that can provide technical assistance to local communities.
Assistance will be targeted to help communities create thriving community development and affordable housing strategies that will result in healthier homes and communities.
Funds may be used to provide the following services:
- Training, education, support, and advice to enhance the technical and administrative capabilities of rural housing development organizations, Community Development Corporations (CDCs), Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs), local governments, and tribes
- Loans, pass-through grants, development assistance, predevelopment assistance, and other financial assistance to rural housing organizations, CDCs, CHDOs, local governments, and tribes to carry-out community development and affordable housing activities that benefit low-income or low- and moderate-income families and persons
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct an organizational assessment
- Engage in strategic planning and Board development
- Access and implement technological improvements
- Engage with rural community stakeholders
- Evaluate performance of current and planned rural community efforts
- Plan for the use of available rural resources
- Participate in HUD planning efforts to ensure participation and the assessment of rural area needs
- Foster regional planning efforts by connecting local, rural community plans with neighboring communities
Applicants must be national nonprofit organizations that have ongoing experience providing capacity building activities in rural areas.
Award ceiling: $3,250,000
Award floor: $1,250,000
Expected number of awards: 5
Project period: 4 years
Total funding available: $10,000,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.