Rural Housing Preservation Grants (Section 533)
Choose the appropriate state in the drop down menu on the top right of the program website. This will open the state specific page. Tabs at the top of the page will show general program information, forms and resources, and state specific contact information.
The Rural Housing Preservation Grant (HPG) program provides funds to sponsoring organizations to establish grants or low-interest loan programs for homeowners to repair or rehabilitate individual housing, rental properties, or co-ops owned and/or occupied by very low- and low-income rural persons.
Eligible expenses include:
- Repairing or replacing electrical wiring, foundations, roofs, insulation, heating systems and water/waste disposal systems
- Handicap accessibility features
- Labor and materials
- Administrative expenses
Priority will be given to projects designed to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with Substance Use Disorder (including opioid misuse) in high-risk rural communities by strengthening the capacity to address prevention, treatment and/or recovery at the community, county, state, and/or regional levels:
Key strategies include:
- Prevention: Reducing the occurrence of Substance Use Disorder (including opioid misuse) and fatal substance-related overdoses through community and provider education and harm reduction measures such as the strategic placement of overdose reversing devices, such as naloxone
- Treatment: Implementing or expanding access to evidence-based treatment practices for Substance Use Disorder (including opioid misuse) such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Recovery: Expanding peer recovery and treatment options that help people start and stay in recovery
Eligible entities include:
- State and local governments
- Nonprofit corporations
- Faith-based and community organizations
- Federally-recognized Indian tribes
- Consortia of eligible entities
Grantees must use funds in towns with a population under 20,000 or on federally recognized Tribal lands
Award ceiling: $50,000
Number of awards: 160
Total Funds available: $15,888,420
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.