Innovations for Healthy Living - Improving Minority Health and Eliminating Health Disparities (R43/R44)
Application: Oct 1, 2018
Xinzhi Zhang, MD, PhD, FACE, FRSM
Vincent A. Thomas Jr., MSW, MPA
Peer review contact:
Thomas M. Vollberg, Sr., PhD
Financial and grants management
Priscilla Grant, JD
Innovations for Healthy Living - Improving Minority Health and Eliminating Health Disparities (R43/R44 - Clinical Trial Optional) will award funding to small business concerns (SBCs) to develop a product, process, or service for commercialization that would result in the reduction of disparities in healthcare access and health outcomes.
Technologies to address the unique health burdens experienced by health disparity populations in urban and underserved rural areas are of particular interest, including technologies to support healthy eating and active living, access and utilization of important governmental services and new scientific information and technologies that can help improve their quality of life; decrease food insecurity; and decrease childhood obesity rates.
The proposed technology should improve racial and ethnic minority health or reduce health disparities through the enhancement of:
- Access to healthcare institutions and providers, especially those located in geographically remote or physically difficult to access locations
- Medical and health knowledge through increased opportunities for populations with limited English proficiency or low health, food, or media literacy
- Diverse medical and non-medical providers and organizations serving health disparity populations
- Publicly available resources
- Quality healthcare delivered in culturally acceptable and respectful manners and in safe environments and appropriately priced for providers
Specific areas of research interest are listed in the application instructions.
Small business concerns (SBCs) in the United States are eligible to apply.
Number of awards: 3-4
Total funding available: $1,000,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.