Healthcare Connect Fund
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Healthcare Connect Fund provides funding to healthcare providers for telecommunications and internet access services, as well as network equipment, at a flat discounted rate of 65%. Participants can apply as a member of the consortium or a stand-alone entity.
Rural public or nonprofit healthcare providers (HCPs) are eligible. Use the USAC Eligible Rural Areas Search to determine if an organization is located in an eligible rural area. Consortia may be comprised of both rural and non-rural HCPs. All consortia must consist of more than 50% rural participation within three years of receipt of the first funding commitment obtained through the HCF Program. Connections to, and equipment located at, eligible off-site data centers and administrative offices are eligible for support.
Eligible entities include:
- A post-secondary educational institution offering healthcare instruction, such as teaching hospitals or medical schools,
- A community health center or health center providing healthcare to migrants
- A local health department or agency
- A community mental health center
- A nonprofit hospital
- A rural health clinic, including mobile clinics
- A dedicated emergency room of a rural for-profit hospital
Participants will receive a flat rate discount of 65%. There is an annual spending cap of $400,000,000.
Links to the application process are available on the program website and categorized by provider type.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.